Madison Village Council
The Madison Community Improvement Corporation is pleased to announce that we have completed our village park enhancement program for 2013. This project was extremely successful and we were able to make more improvements than we had originally set out to accomplish. The following is a list of items we were able to achieve.
1. New roof of the gazebo in the village square
2. Sanding, reconditioning and painting of the steel beams
3. Painting of all the wood structural support beams, planter boxes and metal railing
4. Sanding and painting of the iron fence around the statue.
Dana’s Park Project
1. Replacement of the landscaped timbers around the playground
2. New basketball court and industrial hoop
3. 3 new picnic tables
4. Replacement of the swings and equipment
5. Weather permitting we still hope to replace and stain the wood on the park
The total for this project came to $14,430 however, with the generosity of several companies we were able to stay within our project budget. These donors gave the essential labor and materials it was needed to make this project a success.
Cashen Ready-Mix Concrete
The Police Activities League
Tom Potti Concrete finishing at Dana’s Park
Margaret Ann Herron
Thank you to the village staff who went over and above to help with this project. This included disposing of the old railroad ties, bringing in truckloads of dirt to build up the ground around the basketball court, seeding the park, building new concrete pads for the picnic tables, stripping off the gazebo roof and general oversight of the entire project by Jason Chapman. Because the village was willing to work with our organization this project was a success. Thank you
MCIC is continuously looking for ways to improve the community we love. Read about our past/current projects. Contact us if you have ideas for other projects that we may be able to be a part of.